Monday, February 19, 2007

Good people… Even better times...

Saturday night I went to a going away party for a friend who’s moving to Japan for a year to work. I had the B-E-S-T time ever! I was able to catch up with tons of people I haven’t seen in years… it really is such a shame that I lost contact with them in the first place and I'm super bummed that it took a going away party for me to reconnect.

Good people… that’s what they are. I'm lucky that way. I have the best friends ever. New... Old... they are all the best!

How exciting would it be to work in another country! I’m so excited for JR… I just know he’s going to have a great time. Imagine the stories he’ll come back with. I can’t wait to hear them.

Tonight I’m finishing my costume for Fat Tuesday’s Mardi Gras parade in the good ole’ Crossroads District in Downtown KC. A few of us girls will be all dolled up… as crawfish! I can’t wait. The weather should be just wonderful.

I hear the block party starts at 7:30-8ish and we start the parade about 9. The festivities should commence about 11… with plenty of time for me to get home and hit the hay. With this being my last week at the hospital… I need to be clear when here. I was really hoping to slack off this week (you know, like I usually do everyday) but the projects are truly coming out of the woodwork. If I’d only been this busy for the past two years!

Tomorrow night – plenty of canned beer drinking… lots of crawfish dancing… and hopefully a bacon flinging float! Be there or be square!!!

No comments: