Thursday, February 22, 2007

Little Men Wearing White Lab Coats in My Brain

I totally find it interesting the way our brain does things to “protect” us.

So I’m upset about something that’s going on right now in my life. At the same time I’m getting ready to start a new job that I’m super stoked about and contemplating a super exciting (but super scary) prospect at the same time.

The 'real' exciting part is my excitement about the new job… I start on Monday and I’ve wanted this for quite some time.

The 'fake' or 'protective' exciting part (that makes me think my brain has gone into protection mode) is this second thing I might do. It’s a BIG step. I’m wondering if I’m only making this bold move so that at a time when I’m devastated about one thing, I’m so excited about the 'fake' exciting thing that the hurt doesn’t happen?

Confused? Yeah… me too.

I don’t normally speak in code… but I just don’t know that I’m ready to talk about it.

So much is going on right now… so many confusing feelings… all big things… I’d just like to sleep... for a long time... and wake up happy and different, all this crap resolved.

Oh, and I’d like to finish my super cool hot pink on black skull and crossbones stocking cap.

I’ll be fine… I always am.

No comments: