Monday, June 19, 2006

Weekend Recap…

I am so very fortunate to have the wonderful family that I do… really; I have the best family in the world. I’ll also say that I’m even more fortunate to have a boyfriend with such an amazing family as well.

Finding someone to love that has just as great a family as you do doesn’t happen all that often. Believe me. I won’t even go into the stories I have about my ex in-laws…

SHD and I spent an amazing (not in a Kate and Tom way) weekend visiting with our families. I wish we would make more time to spend with them all.

Saturday was spent at SHD’s sister’s home. D (sister) & D (brother in-law) have such a beautiful home out in the country (Grain Valley to be exact) and they are such gracious hosts. They have spent the last 20 years making their home a replicate of a great lake vacation get-a-way on 10 gorgeous acres. Brother D smoked up some ribs with the perfect recipe of spices and apple juice, Sister D made a spread of side dishes that would make Rachel Ray jealous. The wine was flowing and the conversation engaging. We had such a good time. I was sad to leave… even if it was 3:30am with a 40 minute drive to get home (I slept).

Sunday was spent working at the pet store (the business is really picking up, we’ve been open 1 month now) and then dinner with my parents. I get along SO well with my parents. We had a great dinner and SHD and I listened to their latest stories. Dad is working for an inner-city (named after a KC Chief’s football player who died a few years ago) charter school and has very interesting stories about it on a regular basis. For the end of the school year, they had a faculty talent show for all of the kids. My Dad and the gym teacher did a hip-hop dance. OK… wait…

My Dad is a 56 year old (without the pipe), computer nerd type… oh, and white, dancing to hip-hop in a predominately black inner city school. Oh, I can just hear what those kids told their parents when they got home from school…

My Dad tells the best stories ever… I think that is where I got my long windedness.

So, I’ll stop already for today…

No comments: