Friday, June 30, 2006

I'm Ready for Nap Time...

I’m at work. Below is my process:

Verify the name on the letter matches the name on the envelope, fold the letter, insert the letter into the envelope and start over again… over and over and over… I’m like ¼ of the way through… I’m never going to get all of these done in time. I don't do this everyday... I would go insane if I did.

But while I’m doing this, I notice the names of the people these letters are going to. I see names I like, names I don’t like, names I can’t pronounce, names that would make great future dog names, and names that remind me of people I know. Lots and lots of names.

OK… I am such a baby sometimes. Every single time this one particular name appears (fairly popular name), it reminds me of a guy I used to date… and what do I do? I sneer! Hahaha!!! I haven’t seen this person in what seems like years, it wasn’t a meaningful relationship, hell, the breakup was SO easy. I just have such distaste for this person, to this very day. I can’t explain it. So I sneer, every time I see this name... and it's a completely unconscience reaction.

Today I realized I am prejudice… prejudice against this one focker’s name.

This makes me giggle… I belong back in 3rd grade.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

When you say "focker"? This makes me giggle too...
-Toast

Anonymous said...

whaaaaaaaaaaa?!

you blogggggggggggg?!


YAY!

kel