Thursday, November 30, 2006

I'm stuck... and not in the snow...

I'm stuck in my office.

We are required to park off-site where I work. Shuttle busses take the employees to and from the parking lot.

Today, with the snow and ice and traffic of downtown KC crazies trying to get home... the busses can't get to and from the hospital in a timely manner.

I waited in line (along with 200+) other people for almost 30 minutes before I turned around, got out of line and went back to my desk.

I've been in my office for almost an hour now... and the line is still there. I can't walk to my car, not only because it's five city blocks away and I don't want to get hit by the crazies who don't know how to drive in the snow, but I'm taking an ass load of work home in hopes that I can work from home tomorrow.

I'm stuck... and I haven't even seen the snow yet.

Oh, and I left my cell phone at home today. I called SHD from my desk phone (I'm amazed I know his phone number) and told him I would call again before I headed home. If it takes longer than 2 hours... I asked him to come look for me on Holmes.

Maybe I'll just take a nap. *wink*

No comments: