Tuesday, January 09, 2007

Maybe I’m just a silly romantic…

I’m listening to the soundtrack to Moulin Rouge and I LOVE IT. Moulin Rouge is a truly kick ass movie.

So, the other day a small group of us were talking about books. I’ll admit that I’m not an avid reader. But when I do read, aside from Janet Evanovich (who's a mystery writer), I want it to be something that is mindless, exciting (not kinky), funny and romantic... hopelessly romantic.

I like to read books that make you feel good… not always with a “happily ever after” because sometimes the ending is tragic (i.e. Message in a Bottle, which IMO the movie did NO justice to) but the love story is incredible. Nicholas Sparks and Jennifer Crusie are the authors coming to mind right now that I absolutely love.

I think I inherit from my Mother. I like to be entertained when I read, reading is a relaxing thing and I don’t want to have to think a lot. No, I’m not lazy, either. :)

We also talked about these books portraying an unattainable goal. No man, I don’t care who they are, does the things the men in these books do. Seriously. Have you read the Notebook? That stuff just doesn’t happen.

Don’t get me wrong… I have met many super wonderful men. Even some considered to be pretty romantic and they still don’t do the things written in some of these books… and there’s nothing wrong with that. As long as you’re in love and feel loved, that’s all that really matters.

But just for the record… not giving flowers because “they’re just going to die anyway” is not a good enough excuse not to give them. Girls like them... they don't have to be delivered to the office... they don't have to cost a fortune... hell, steal them from you next door neighbor... we don't care. Flowers make girls happy.

No comments: