Friday, January 19, 2007

Why do I watch these things?

Because sometimes they kick ass!

I just love to watch people dance, like really dancing. Probably because I can’t do it. So when I see movies and shows where they dance, and they are really good dancers, I’m a sucker and most likely I’ll watch.

So, I’ll admit that I’ve been recording the “Dirty Dancing” reality dancing show on WE. I pretty much fast forward the bulk of the show (because the actual show is kinda lame) and just watch the final dance where the guy has to choose his “Baby” character.

Last night I watched the most recent new show. They were dancing hip-hop and there was a red-headed gal and a super cool Asian chick (can you tell who I liked best?). The Asian gal, her name was pronounced Va, kicked ass. She was super cool and good. The red-headed gal was OK, I mean, I couldn’t do what she did, but she was stiff and just didn’t move like Va.

So the guy had to pick his partner and said, “there’s only one choice, only one partner that I can take to the championships and win with”. And he chose Va. Kick ass right? No, it gets better.

Va asked for the microphone and asked to speak. She told Mr. “Thinks-he’s-hotter-than-he-really-is”, (this isn’t really a quote, but a run down of how I interpreted her little speach) “I came out here tonight and really rocked it out; dancing is one of the only things that I truly love and just wanted to have fun. This past week, you have taken the fun out of dancing for me. This is where my journey ends.”

So, Mr. “Thinks-he’s-hotter-than-he-really-is” has to choose the other gal to stay in the competition. She’s all like… “you can only win with one person? But that person wasn’t me?” but then agrees to stay in the competition and dance with that creep! Get it… because he’s hot! I see some pretty steep self esteem issues there.

Anyway… I guess you’ll find drama anywhere you look these days.

One more thing… and then I’ll quit, I promise.

People are giving Simon a really hard time for berating people on this year’s American Idol. Please… if you’ve watched the show and you look like a circus freak, how could you NOT expect to be belittled. If you are a parent, please, stop lying to these circus freaks (Mom of the Novela writer) and spare them the embarrassment of looking like a complete ass on television.
IMO, if you go on national TV to try out for something you have absolutely no business doing, you deserve to hear the things Simon has to say. Go Simon!

No comments: