Wednesday, December 13, 2006

* You'd better see the disclaimer *

Soon I will be posting pics of my crafting adventures.

*** Beware… I’m thinking pretty highly of myself today *… so if you’re afraid you might barf at my arrogance *… stop now. You've been warned. ***

I think I may have a different Calling. I love crafting!

I love knitting, I love crocheting, and I also love sewing.

With my new found addiction to crafting, I joined a crafting book club. I think it’s funny. I’ve bought all these books… and I’m actually using them! I love it!

One of the books I got was on and about Aprons… you know, we don’t wear aprons as much as we should.

It’s no secret that I don’t really like to cook… I mean, the everyday cooking that you’re supposed to do, like dinner. I like the instant gratification of take-out for dinner. But I do enjoy cooking for special occasions, like Christmas! This Christmas we’re having snack style foods at my Mom’s house (not on Christmas day). I’m bringing my super famous (well really this other lady’s super famous) Crunchy Caramel Apple Pie. It is a very labor intensive apple pie… definitely not easy… but I love making it.

Back to the point… So I’m thinking that if I don’t really enjoy cooking… if I look pretty while I do it… it might be a little better/easier? It’s just a thought… So I’m making one-of-a-kind original NutScraps aprons as Christmas gifts for SHD’s ladies (aka. his Sisters and Mom) and my Aunt and I’ll make one for myself after Christmas. I’m working with a sewing machine, thread, fabric from JoAnn’s and the wildly vivid pictures… pictures in my head. No patterns required… ala from scratch.

It’s so much fun! I’m even thinking I’d like to take sewing lessons… or whatever I can do to learn how to do it better. Don’t get me wrong… they are constructed beautifully (if I don’t say so myself) but I’ll admit things like darts are a struggle, I’ll pull out stitches a few times before its right. I can’t wait to post my pics (first I’ll have to take them though).

*I warned you I was feeling a bit proud today…*

With each apron I make, I like them better and better! I’m really letting go and the ideas are just flowing out. It’s a shame it takes so long for me to create these masterpieces; I could possibly sell them. At least that’s what my Mom says… and I’m not convinced that she’s just saying it because I’m her daughter and she's supposed to think everything I do is amazing.

So, in addition to my fabulously great aprons I’m also making these cute Winter/Christmas themed crochet things for my Grandparents. I think I have a pic around here somewhere… a stocking cap for my Dad and a felted purse for my sister.

Wow. This has turned into the longest post ever! Guess I’m feeling a bit talkative today.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

You have to teach me how to make aprons.