Thursday, December 28, 2006

MySpace…

Is not only a place for dirty, nasty, child molesting wierdos… it’s also a place to find friends you haven’t seen in a while.

I don’t spend much time there (it’s banned at work and I seem to only check it after a night of drinking) but I’m always surprised to see a friend request from someone I absolutely adore that I (shamefully)allowed myself to lose contact with.

That’s the thing about who I used to be… I totally lost contact with most of my dear friends when I was dating/engaged/married to my ex-husband. I was lost… I forgot who I was… but only for a bit. What’s sad is that when I finally woke up, the people I used to hang with were not in the same places they were before, you know, because time changes everything.

So I’ve decided that when I once thought it was silly to have a MySpace page (I thought it was silly to drink Boone’s Farm outside of high school parties too…), I’ve decided that MySpace rocks… if for no other reason to see what’s going on in the lives of those I’ve lost contact with.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

this is very true
i've considered joining myspace for that exact reason
but i still haven't