Monday, September 11, 2006

Just a few Scraps…

This weekend was pretty mellow. SHD is sick with the sore throat/now hurty coughing sickness. He rested and I boosted my immune system all weekend long.

The little girl came over on Saturday evening… the moment I opened the door, she said, “I’m sorry for what happened last week”.

I took the opportunity to have a talk with her then let her play with the dogs. The biggest challenge was getting Lucy to go outside with us… she’s really hesitant to be around the Little Girl. I explained that Lucy’s feelings were really hurt and she’s afraid that LG might hit her again. I told her that if she did hit her again, I’m afraid that Lucy would bite her. I made LG promise that she would never hit Lucy again, and she did. I also told her, that because Lucy needs to trust her again, I needed to be outside with her if she is in the yard.

So, situation over (hopefully) and I no longer have to worry about it. Oh, and I really don’t hate kids, really… I was having a manic week when that all happened and was a little clouded to see beyond my own little space. She’s not going to grow up to be a serial killer. She’s just a little girl who made a mistake… as long as she doesn’t do it again, we’re all good.

Sunday was my last weekend shift at the pet store. I’m just so tired of shuffling everything around to manage it. Hopefully now, I’ll feel more relaxed and able to stop multi-tasking my personal life. This is a good thing. My last shift is this Thursday.

Does anyone else feel this way about post-its? I was a little bummed this morning. I used my very last pink post-it. I love colored (not yellow) post-its; actually, I love the pink and like the green ones. But we are out of colored post-its, so I must use the yellow ones. Ugh...

No comments: