Tuesday, October 17, 2006

Do they have a support group for such things?

Have you ever become emotionally involved with something that is… not real?

It’s one thing to cry every single time you watch Extreme Makeover: Home Edition… I mean, they do really nice things for people who truly deserve it. But have you ever been really into a show that you cry during every (or almost every) episode?

I’m addicted to Grey’s Anatomy. And it isn’t real. Izzy isn’t real, Denny didn’t die, and Derrick should be a cheating rat bastard. Yet, I feel for Izzy, cried hard when Denny died, and love Derrick.

I’m so sick that when I hear the songs that are either played during the show or on the commercials (Chasing Cars by Snow Patrol and Come on Over by Rob Thomas) I can actually see Izzy, Meredith and Cristina in my mind. I even wonder what they would possibly be doing.

The latest in the Izzy/Denny saga is that Denny left Izzy $8.7 million. I should be happy that Izzy is rich, instead I’m still distraught for her that Denny is dead and she’ll spend the rest of her life without the person she was meant to be with.

IT IS A SHOW! IT'S NOT REAL! Goodness!

The problem is… I love this show. I look forward to watching it. I record the shows on my DVR so I don’t miss a thing. I even watch each episode more than once.

The first step is admitting it right? Yeah…

But has this happened to you?

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Yes =]
I'm hopelessly addicted to this mufucking show.

Anonymous said...

I feel that way about Family Guy.