Tuesday, October 24, 2006

It’s the little things…

We're celebrating today...

I’ve only snapped myself once today with my new trusty rubber band.

My office buddy is trading offices with another person in my department! Someone I get along with really well!

Yay!!! Yay!!! Yay!!!

Oh... I’m also in need of a little advice. I need to know what I’m supposed to do when someone I love is really sad and there’s nothing I can do to fix it. I’m a fixer and I just feel like I need to DO something… when there really is nothing to do.

Should I just snap myself when I try to cheer him up? Should I not try to cheer him up? I want to give him his space… but I also want him to know I’m supportive… and even though I’ve told him I’ll do anything I can… I’m afraid that he won’t take me up on it unless I’m asking at the time… which makes me want to ask often. But I don't want to smother...

Let me know what you’d do.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

You are supporting him by letting him be sad. That's the kindest thing one person can do for the other--letting him have his feelings.

Anonymous said...

You don't want to know what I'd do - I smother.

Anonymous said...

He won't be sad all the time, it'll come in waves. Just be there for him. Give him hugs. Try not to smother. Just be around. It'll be tough. Death sucks, but it's a part of life. Just let him know you love him and you do care.