Wednesday, July 19, 2006

Come On Already, Mr. Summer!

I think I have PMDD.

I left my Midol at home today and I think I’m going to kill someone. I don’t know if it has to do with the heat, but I am SO bloated that I feel like a great blue whale (although I am wearing green today) and I’m really tired, much more tired than normal and irritable as hell.

I’ve been trying to eat better/less over the last few days. I’m not really calling it a diet; I’m just trying to watch what I eat more closely. I figure if when I quit smoking (seven years ago this January) I never said I was quitting really, I just said I wasn’t going to smoke that day… and that worked… so maybe I can lose some weight by not calling what I’m doing a diet? Who knows.

I did have another interesting dinner last night… a bowl of lightly salted/peppered cottage cheese, pickles (no, I’m not expecting) and a beer. Just when you were thinking beer couldn't taste any better... I've discovered that eating pickles with your beer actually brings out the flavor of the beer and makes it taste better. Yeah, I was shocked too. My beer really tasted good last night... and I only had one.

The bedroom is all trimmed out and waiting for the first layer of rolled primer. I was worried about sleeping in the room with all of the paint fumes, but I think I stayed up late enough (also contributing to being a bit tired today) that most of the smell had blown out of the room, thanks to our new chilly window air conditioning unit.

I'm on a quest... a quest to be a better NutScraps. I'm doing this for me and only me. I’m trying to be a more positive person. Really. There are plenty of things I could have put in this post… but I deleted, to aid me in my quest to become more positive. I’m a little judgmental and don’t give people the slack they *might really* deserve sometimes.

I really don’t hate everyone, at least I don’t want to hate everyone… and I don’t hate kids, I really don’t want anyone to think I hate kids either. Kids like me... that's why I always end up hanging out with them at get togethers. Kids are fine... as long as they aren't coming home with me.

So, look forward to hearing from positive NutScraps… not just irritable, gripin’ all the time NutScraps.

OH! I'm knitting tomorrow night with the Knit-and-Get-Lit girls! I haven't been able to go in quite sometime... I'm really excited to see how everyone's summers are going.

3 comments:

m.toast said...

I've discovered that eating pickles with your beer actually brings out the flavor of the beer and makes it taste better.

That's nuthin. Ever had an extra dirty pickle martini? Wait. That sounded really wrong...

Anonymous said...

strangely, i find you to be a generally positive happy person
but i guess compared to me, everyone is :-)

Anonymous said...

i dont hate kids either... and they sure seem to love me (and to beat the living hell out of me too), but they intimidate me to know end. i'm always afraid i'll break them.

kel