Thursday, July 13, 2006

I Don't Hate Everyone... Really!

It is amazing to me how mean spirited, two-faced and spiteful women can be.

Ask SHD and he’ll tell you that I don’t like 80% of people that I meet/see. I won’t say he’s completely accurate, but I do find myself being sour with LOTS of people, the number gets even larger if we’re talking strangers.

I think my poor attitude stems from my days waiting tables and working for a cell phone retailer. When you are required to work with the public, you begin to lose the rosy image of mankind. Believe me; I’m doing better these days. Even five years ago I wasn’t able to go Christmas shopping in the hustle and bustle because I wanted to kill all those around me (I almost got into a fight at a Wal-Mart once), thus began my internet shopping habits.

I work in a department with nine other women. I think I want to work with all men in my next job. We all used to get along. We would go out to lunch together, we would have little food days to celebrate different things, but all has changed now. There was an issue regarding the Board of Directors for our organization and someone not doing their job. Our boss made a decision, the correct decision for the situation, and half of the gals have turn against her. It’s just incredible. You would not believe the lengths these two gals are going to splash my boss’s name in the mud.

I just walked up on a conversation in the hall they apparently didn’t want me to hear. They turn, plaster their faces with the fakest plastic smiles possible and say, “Hiiii, how are you today?” and wait to begin speaking again until I’m out of earshot.

I don’t like you, you evil women. You know how I don’t look up from my computer when you walk in and try to spread your negativity? You know how I’m short, yet sweet, on the phone and don’t indulge in the latest gossip? That’s because I don’t care to listen to you and your bullshit any longer. Make someone else listen. I’m done.

I’m sure everyone out there has toxic people around them… I feel your pain.

That being said, I’m having a pretty good day.

No comments: