Monday, July 31, 2006

Am I a Good Person?

Note to anyone who forwards emails to me…

Please do NOT send me “meaningful” messages with the following attached.

“We all send thousands of jokes through the e-mail without a second thought, but when it comes to sending messages about life choices, people think twice about sharing. The crude, vulgar, and often obscene pass freely through cyberspace, but public discussion about decency is too often suppressed in our schools and workplaces.

If you're thinking about forwarding this message, chances are that you're probably sorting out the people on your address list that aren't the "appropriate" ones to receive this type of message. Well, the person who sent you this believes that we all can make a difference. We all have thousands of opportunities every single day to help realize the "natural order of things." So many seemingly trivial interactions between two people present us with a choice: Do we pass along a little spark of love and humanity or do we pass up that opportunity to brighten the day of those with us the least able, and leave the world a little bit colder in the process?”

I promise you… I will delete it.

I rarely forward “cute/meaningful/touching/amusing” emails to my friends or family… but I’ll tell you one thing, I will not be guilt-ed (sp) into sending crap like this out.

Isn’t it weird that the only people who really send me this stuff are people I work with? Is that really appropriate for the office? I know… stop laughing, nothing done in my office seems to be appropriate.

Anyone else agree?

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

everyone who never received these messages forwarded from you thanks you i'm sure!!