Tuesday, July 25, 2006

I’ve been one productive girl lately…

I’ve been painting our bedroom. Remember how the entire interior of our house was a dark turquoise? So when SHD and I talk about painting different rooms, it’s quite a task. It takes two thick coats of primer to hide the awful color that was and then it takes another two coats of paint to make everything nice.

So after you’ve slaved over four layers of paint… the taping and painting begins again… for the trim. They even painted the trim funny colors!!! The upstairs isn’t as bad as the first floor… at least they used gray on the trim in the bedrooms. White covers gray much nicer than navy blue.

So on Wednesday, I am a taping and painting fool once again. Trim won’t take as long, right?

Our bedroom really will be a beautiful room in the end. We’ve decided that the 2 ½ foot closets are not big enough for this girl, so we’re transforming one of the walls into a closet for us both to share. I’ll be making curtains to separate the stuff from the room… I’m looking forward to this. I’m thinking a dusty blue with iridescent tones… but not foofy. SHD has made it pretty clear that although he doesn’t expect a bachelor’s bedroom, ruffles and floral prints are not allowed. I’m positive I can do wonders with stripes!

Besides painting, I’ve been doing yard work, working at the pet store and trying not to kill myself while at the hospital. This week at the hospital hasn’t been too bad… I’ve stayed quite motivated and staying busy… busy will keep me sane here.

I went to the gym last night. The Couch-to-5K plan has begun again. I swear… I’m going to be able to run someday dammit! Is it weird that I’m starving the day after an intense workout? I’ve had oatmeal with a dollop of peanut butter and a banana today… and I’m still hungry. Hmmm… I’ll have to google that.

I’m excited to continue working out. I feel good today and I know that working out will release some of the everyday crap that we tend to let build up. I’m all about being healthier. At least that's the goal at hand... wish me luck!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

does this mean we will eventually get to see the upstairs of the house too????