Wednesday, August 30, 2006

And the letter will be delivered tonight...

*Little Girl's Mom,

First, I would like to thank *Little Girl (LG for short) for drawing me the nice picture and for the flowers she picked for me when I was feeling ill last Tuesday. I really like LG and have enjoyed getting to know her. It think it was a very nice and thoughtful thing for her to do.

Unfortunately something happened before that, that I think you should be aware of.

LG came over to our house and asked to play with Lucy and Sammy; she stayed for about a half an hour. From inside the house, I saw her throwing sticks and rocks from our yard at our other neighbor’s dogs. I was about to go outside and ask her to stop but she stopped on her own. I don’t think it is ever a good idea to throw things at a dog.


A few minutes after witnessing this, I walked past the front windows to see LG, with both hands on Lucy’s collar, trying to pull Lucy across the front yard. Lucy did not want to go wherever it was that LG was heading and was making it a struggle. The next thing I saw was very disturbing to me. With one hand holding Lucy’s collar, LG hit Lucy in the face, twice. I was shocked. I immediately went outside and told LG that she was never to hit Lucy again and then I brought the dogs inside.

I wished I would have come over and talked to you right then, but I was very ill and just wanted my dogs out of a physically abusive situation. I am very disappointed in LG; I trusted her to behave appropriately with my dogs without my supervision. We never physically correct our dog’s behavior and from my point of view, the only thing Lucy did ‘wrong’ was not follow LG's demands.

I’m sorry to say that LG is not allowed to come into our yard to play with our dogs again.

My dogs are like my children and it is my responsibility to protect them. I’m positive this situation would not have occurred if I had been in the yard, which saddens me.

I am not coming to you to get LG in trouble, but for the safety and well being of all involved. I believe that treating animals kindly and with respect is a valuable lesson learned.

Please feel free to call me if you wish to discuss this further. I can be reach on my cell phone at anytime, 816-***-****.

Sincerely Yours,
NutScraps

After talking with my gal pal St., and not seeing Little Girl's Mom without company, I decided to write her a letter. This is a plus, because not only will I be purchasing a no trespassing sign for our gate, I have a document that proves they were told that LG shoudln't be on our property.

Let me know what you think!

No comments: