Thursday, August 24, 2006

Taking Tme to Smell the Roses... or Something...

What is it with smelly things?

I am usually very alert of scents. I hate mint. Pepermint makes me queasy, seriously. It’s not that I just don’t like the smell… I have a reaction to it… it makes me sweat, I start to burp (twice if I’m actually going to vomit) and then the big heave-ho. Usually the scent isn’t too strong (I can open a window or something), so I haven’t suffered the embarrassment due to Altoids… yet... but I have been very close.

I also am one of those people who at just the hint of someone else’s vomit, blow chunks too. Combine the hint of smell with the sound of someone hurling (I hate dry heaving noises) and it’s all over… twice the damage… guaranteed.

I guess it’s best I decided not to become a nurse (or a Mom).

So my two examples above indicate that good (to some) or bad (to most) smells effect me.

I want to know why my dog, Lucy, likes to roll around in the most horrible, gag reflexing smells she can find. I used to think it was poo… but this morning there was no poo residue on her neck… it was wet, and it smell gawd awful. Doesn't it make her want to gag? It's like she's proud when she trots into the house!

I used three doggie wipes (the bath kind, originally bought for this purpose) and I think I got her pretty good… but whatever she is rolling in smells… B..A..D..!!! Those doggie wipes are good, but don’t get it all. Guess it’s time to make an appointment for Lucy’s next day of beauty (did I mention that Lucy got haircut #2 for the summer, done by me, and she looks great? She looks just like Nala (if I have to explain who that is, you just won't get it)).

I wonder if she did this because of the abusive next door neighbor??? Trying to take some of the control back in her yard???


(yeah, probably not… but I thought it was funny)

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

As far as smell goes, dogs don't think in terms of good or bad. They measure by intensity--strong or weak. They like the strong smells, except for some perfumes and bitter apple for some reason. When you live by your nose, I guess that's important.