Monday, August 07, 2006

I'm Home Base...

You remember when you were a kid and playing with friends in the neighborhood and there was always that one person in Tag who was "home base" and they were "safe"? That person when you were touching them no one could tag you IT?

I'm Home Base... in my office.

I'm the place where people come to gossip about everyone else, and while there, they ask me what is going on with everyone else.

I'm in an interesting position... I have the upper hand.

I play dumb, "gee, I didn't know that was going on" and get to see their reaction... then they tell me thier version. I love to see the different sides of drama.

The trick is that I'm good at not mentioning the snich in conversations with the subject of the latest "rift" and hear the story again from their point of view.

Things have quieted down a lot in the last month... the drama is settling but now that my boss is out of town this week... the trolls are coming for information.

I'm getting really good at this clueless look. I am enjoying them scramble for information like little mice for a cookie. Isn't it weird how we all think that everyone needs to like us? I think that's what it all boils down too.

Just remember... if someone will gossip to you about someone else, what makes you so special that they won't gossip about you to someone else.

I wonder what they're saying about me...

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

So I guess I won't be asking you to tell me what SHD says about me at work. ...

Anonymous said...

they're probably making fun of you for being so clueless :-)