Monday, August 21, 2006

Not just casual Fridays...

...which I don't get either.

Does anyone get paid to go to college? I'm not meaning, schooling to get a good job and get paid kind of thing... but actually get paid to go to class? Oh, and... get paid good money?

I need to figure out what kind of job I should get to be able to dress in jeans, t-shirts and the shoes of my choosing… every day.

I drive through the UMKC campus on my morning drive to work. School is back in session and there were hordes of college students walking to class. There were all sorts of them… some dressed in the newest, cutest, trendiest skirts and heels (which I think is silly - walking around campus in such unreasonable shoes... ) and some in sweat pants and tennis shoes. I was jealous of the girls in jeans and t-shirts.

Who says that dress clothes make you more professional? I guarantee that I am more productive when I am comfortable and think I look good. Most times I don’t think I look good in the “dress” clothes I have to wear to work… I agonize at the closet every morning and usually hate what I decide on. I think it would be good for my mental health to skip this morning ritual. I have those few staples that I end up buying one in every color… but even that gets old.

I want to wear jeans, t-shirts and flip flops or tennis shoes… whatever I feel fits my mood best… each day. Don’t get me wrong, I want a job, one that challenges me… I’m not asking to sit at home everyday.

I just wanna wear jeans. I don’t think that’s asking too much.

In other news… I’ve let go of something I held onto a little too long. No, I'm not going to go into detail... I didn’t even realize it. I’m not bitter any more. And it makes me feel good.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

you need to work on a farm. jeans every day baby!


god i miss that job.