Monday, August 28, 2006

I need a little help...

First I want to thank you guys for your comments regarding the "incident" last week. I am feeling much calmer regarding the subject and have taken your comments to heart. I won't be the mean lady who yells at little kids and never talks to them again...

Second... I need some advice.

In about two weeks, SHD and I will be celebrating one year of togetherness... I'm really excited.

At the same time, I'm terrified because I don't know what to get him. What do you get for a man who gets what he wants himself? I've been think of this for a few weeks... and I need help.

Plus, it's been YEARS since I've celebrated a one year anniversary... I don't even remember what kind of gift is appropriate.

Let me know if you have any ideas.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

First, congratulations on the anniversary.

Now for the ideas...Would he be interested in a weekend Bed & Breakfast retreat? Something with a private hot tub and a fireplace in the room? (I would). They're not aas expensive as you might think. Foot massages are awesome. I didn't think so until I had one done for me. At a B&B too, I might add.

Does he have any fantasies that you know about that you would be willing to participate in? These are always good fallbacks when idea's are nil.

BTW-I'm the anonymous parent. Hope that went well and Lucy is fine. Did you talk with the little girl?

Anonymous said...

Congratulations!
I'd recommend getting him some sort of experience, like a balcony at a Royals game or making him his favorite dinner. Something like that. He certainly is the man who has everything, so I don't envy you your gift giving.