Wednesday, August 09, 2006

I'm Gonna Be a Gym Rat...

I got up early today and started my day off right with a trip to the gym. I’ve mentioned my Couch to 5K running program before… I’m trying to finally get on the bandwagon and actually DO it. This morning I did a run/walk for 30 minutes. I’m doing 1 ½ minute intervals (1 ½ minutes of jogging and then 1 ½ minutes of walking after a 5 minute warm up brisk walk) and I’m feeling pretty good today. It's harder than you think... I'm not a runner and I never have been. I faked asthma in Jr. High so I wouldn't have to run the mile... I think we were only required to do it once... and I didn't. My feet are a little tender, but SHD says that is to be expected. He doesn’t think I can do this… I’m going to prove him wrong (I think he has that silly guy mentality, if I tell her she can't she will... it just doesn't work that way).

I have to make exercising a priority… no else will. It’s so hard to go to the gym after work… and you have to go right after work because you can’t eat dinner then expect to go running right? So I have to start getting up earlier… I can do it.

So, I’ll try to keep a running (pun intended) log of what exercise I’ve done for the day at the bottom of my posts… get on me if you see me slackin’!

Day's Doin's: 30 minutes, 5 min. warm up, 1 1/2 minute run/walk intervals

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

i went to yoga with monica yesterday
i may join the Y so i can go with her as often as possible
i liked it
i;m gonna try a few more times before i decide for sure...

keep up the good work!!!