Monday, August 14, 2006

What a great weekend!

I’m sad to be back at work… but that’s life, right?

Friday night SHD and I had dinner with new friends we met at the wedding the boyfriend was in a few weeks ago. We went to Genghis Khan and drank some beer.

Genghis Khan was pretty good. I love Mongolian BBQ so I was excited to go. They have fantastic tofu there. I wish they would have had teriyaki sauce; I’m not one to experiment much when it comes to my food, so I like to stick with basics. I used soy sauce and sugar water… there wasn’t enough sweet… so it was kind of like eating a saltlick. But the tofu was fantastic, fried perfectly, nice and squishy… not mushy. They need to stop offering the white pepper. Every time someone would use the white pepper, the entire restaurant (it seemed) would either start coughing or sneezing. I was doing both. I’m not sure it was the white pepper, but every so often, I would get choked up and not be able to keep talking. The beer was cold and the company was great… I’d go again, but I want to sit by the door and be a little more open to different sauce variations.

Saturday was spent shopping. Shopping for a bedspread, side tables, lamps and fabric for curtains for the bedroom. Since our bedroom is the attic of the house, there are eaves on both the south and north walls. Also, since the closets are practically non-existant we’ve decided to convert the south wall into a closet that spans the length of the room. You can’t really have doors on this setup, so I’m making curtains. They are going to be fantastic. I’ll post some pics once we are finished… I’m working on curtains tonight. I’m excited.

I LOVE doing crafty things! And I'm glad that we were able to agree on colors for everything... it was great. We had lots of fun hanging out.

Sunday evening was spent bowling with some of the Waldo A-Holes. I played MUCH better than I remember playing in recent years... Game #1-134... I slipped on game #2-84... Game # 3-139. I actually beat SHD on game #3... and some say he's a very good bowler. I just love Waldo...

I’m agonizing over this whole car thing… I don’t know what to do. I don’t want to pay to fix the a/c… there’s a new grinding sound which can’t be good… and I'm not looking forward to the scheduled maintenance at 100,000 miles... but I don’t want to buy a car with a big car payment either. I don’t think I want another used Civic. I love my car, but if I get a different car, I want a different car, you know?

I don’t know what kind I want either… I’d like to get an Element like SHD and St… I love the Elements… I just don’t know if I can find one cheap enough.

I hate making decisions like this. Ugh.

I got The Essential, 2 disc Johnny Cash set this weekend... I've not been listening to anything else since. If I had a son... I'd name him Sally too...

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Next time at the BBQ place, use the Hoisin sauce. It's in a ketchup-like squeeze bottle. It's a lot like teriyaki.